Sunday, May 3, 2015

April!

First of all,  congrats to Cyndi and everyone else who took part in the April event.

I would like to recount a bit of how it went for us (the curly and me).

 Well, it started off with awful weather. It changed between rain, snow, icy rain, sunshine every two minutes and thus it was impossible to ride as there's no indoor riding ring, just outdoor.
The second week however really rocked. I managed to ride 1 1/2 hours on average a day and I must admit I've never ridden this much in a week before. My horse was started under saddle gently last summer and though I rode her more or less regularly, never as much as this month, especially the second week. I also used to do a lot of groundwork, but this event changed it all! I started riding a lot, I rode almost every day, I even dragged myself to the stable after work despite being exhausted already just to get in another half an hour of riding. :) And it was a lot of fun!!! I found a good mixture of training and trail rides with a priority on training as we're still both in the learning process and need to work on getting better.

Anyway, to sum it up: the event got me really started on riding and enjoying it much more than before, despite the horse's spring issues (bucking, being generally uncooperate, being more interested in grass etc.). And I do hope that I can keep it up the coming month whenever the weather allows riding.

A big thank you to Denise for getting us all off our butts and onto the horses this early in the year and coming up with great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment