Thursday, August 13, 2015

Eventing

I know it's been awhile since I've posted and it looks like the same for a lot of people so I don't feel so bad.

I've been so busy this summer with competitions and lessons that I just haven't had time to sit down and recap all that has happened.

First things first Theo and I have successfully completed 3 Novice level events.  We had some stops during cross country so didn't place so high but from what I hear finishing a novice course your first time out is a pretty big deal.  Back in May I thought I was going to die when I did the course walk but after my last event Training level is looking fun...

I'll just recap our first even cause the others I didn't get good pictures

 This one had me up all night...I couldn't believe I signed up to jump this...on purpose.











But after saying no once....


He jumped it with ease...


 I didn't think this one would give us problems after the big blue jump but Theo stopped here too...Thankfully after a second attempt he jumped it and we were clean sailing the rest of the way home.

After 3 stops on cross country I knew we were out of the placings so Stadium was going to be a learning experience.  Theo tends to get into the stadium ring and think "It's jumping we must go fast!"  I used this time to school and we had the best stadium round ever.  We got over our first Triple bar, which I swear was training level height and width" and ended with just one rail down.




No comments:

Post a Comment